Prayoga or प्रयोग is a Sanskrit word which loosely translates as 'experiment'. This blog is my experiment in expression. I want to see what happens when I share thoughts that spring from moments of clarity. Perhaps nothing. Or perhaps something..

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jagriti Yatra (Journey of Awakening)

In a week, I'll board a special train in Mumbai, the city where I grew up, along with 450 youth from across India. They've been selected from 3000 applicants to embark on this journey of inspiration. They live on $1-$3 a day, but dream of a richer life, not just for themselves but also for their communities. And so the purpose of this journey is to ignite their imagination and show them the way - through enterprise!

I, along with 3 colleagues from Google, and around 50 'facilitators' will be their mentors on this 20-day odyssey around the country. Well, at least that's the role I've signed up-to. But in truth, I share their quest for insight and transformation, for I've decided to leave Google and pursue 'enterprise led development' myself. And so, what better way to understand the challenges than to experience them on the ground, meet those breaking through with new solutions, and debate them with hundreds of kindred spirits!

The train will travel at night and stop at destinations during the day - a mix of 12 cities and villages along a circular route - where we'll spend time with role model entrepreneurs and study their pioneering models. There will be plenty of time to exchange ideas, views, and debate opinions along the way... like a think tank on wheels!

I'm looking forward to sharing this adventure with YOU! I'll post as often as I can from the train..

Here's a flavour..

No comments:

Post a Comment